Mario Götze reveals: Roger is more extreme than PEP

Mario Götze has been playing in the Eredivisia and thus a little away from the German radar for two years. At PSV Eindhoven, Götze has boosted his career that had previously stalled somewhat - and now explains some reasons for this in the podcast _kicker meets.

In addition, the 2014 world champion speaks about his ex -coach Jürgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola and what could be - possibly the last - goal of his career.

"I had four different coaches in Dortmund in four years. That was not satisfactory for me as a player. We only won the trophy once in four years: that was thin," said Götze about his second phase at BVB, where he Then ultimately stuck in a kind of dead end and a change needed. After his farewell, he had practiced hard criticism of ex-coach Lucien Favre.

"It was wanted that it would be a little quieter around me. I also wanted to see another league. So it was a good step for me - also in the combination with the German trainer and the other German players," explains Götze his change Holland. "The change was very positive for me. Another station in the Bundesliga would also have been conceivable. But for me it was important for me what the coach is planning."

CO SIĘ DO CHOLERY STAŁO Z MARIO GOETZE

Five hit and some flops: these players brought Guardiola to Bavaria

Götze: "Roger is more extreme than Pep"

With Roger Schmidt, Götze found a trainer in Eindhoven who, unlike the trainers at BVB, was able to get him back on track. "He helped me a lot. I found it interesting to see how he adapted the RB concept to his philosophy, how he would like to design and play the training. Defending the high pressing, playing in half as possible: I learned a lot. Roger is more extreme than Pep. "

Götze absolutely wanted to work with Guardiola, as he repeated. And: "I had expectations from his time with Barcelona and he also fulfilled it more than fulfilled. This performance culture, which he put to the team, both in the games and in training: that was really good - And definitely exhausting. But that was Kloppo too. But there is no other way at the level. "

Articles and videos on the topic * Klopp: Thiago can play anywhere in its form * Barca check: savings potential and new face * Götze before the next change of abroad? * All games of the Africa Cup are available live at sportdigital.de

Schmidt will soon be away from Eindhoven (and possibly take his protégé with you?) And Götze himself can also imagine a change in the coming years. Preferably in the USA. "There is no medium or long -term plan, football is too difficult and dynamic for that. But my idea is already as long as possible and I have fun playing in Europe - and then maybe going to America again. That would be already great."

Comments